Microsoft Windows 7 is the most excellent operating system for computer users to perform all computing tasks without any hassles. Unfortunately, like other Windows operating systems, Windows 7 is not so perfect, you may face malfunctions with it that can be annoying and require a quick solution. For those that want to fix without any troubles, call at the Windows 7 help phone number for guaranteed solutions. Otherwise, you can try the following suggested workarounds.
Fix 1 – Slow Speed
Windows 7 consumes large amounts of system’s resources because of it has various visual effects that cause heavy workloads on the computer memory and graphics card. If your PC is running slowly, you can speed it up by disabling the additional effects.
- Click the ‘Start’ menu and input the ‘Performance’ in the search bar.
- Choose the ‘Adjust the appearance and Windows performance’ option from the result list. You will see a ‘Performance Options’ window.
- Under the ‘Visual Effects’ section, choose the ‘Adjust for best performance’ option.
Fix 2 –Aero Glitches
If your Windows 7 computer is having issues, then make sure that its graphics card is supporting the Aero and the driver is updated. At such time, you should disable the Aero in the registry. To fix the problem, do the following.
- Go to the Windows Start menu and input ‘regedit’ into the search bar. Open Regedit and access to the KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM.
- Set the ‘EnableAeroPeek’ entry value to 1 instead of the 0.
Fix 3 – Incompatible Programs
Before you update Windows 7, you should check all of the programs are compatible. You can use the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to find out the typical applications. However, if you have updated to the Windows 7 and now get that one of the programs is incompatible, then you can use the Compatibility Mode. Here’s how to run an application in compatibility mode.
- Right-click the program installation file and choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- In the ‘Properties’ screen, click the Compatibility tab and select the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode.’
- Pick your respective Windows operating system from the drop-down menu.
Fix 4 – DVD Drive Not Detected
It can be the most annoying problems when your Windows 7 can’t recognize the disk drive. This problem is mainly encountered due to the registry. To fix it, do the following.
- Click the Start menu, find the ‘regedit’ and open it via the results. Go to the ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class.’
- In the right corner, remove the lower and the upper filters selection. Restart Windows PC and check if the problem has gone.
In addition to the typical problems as given above, if you get that some of the custom icons are changed along with the new themes, you should look for the appropriate help. In that situation, you can call on the toll-free phone number to get instant customer support of Windows 7. You will be instantly backed with assured and result oriented solutions.