Undoubtedly Windows 7 is one of the most reliable versions of Windows with the maximum assurance of user-friendly interface. However, one common issue faced by the users of Windows 7 is the issue of its updates. Also, Windows update error and unable to run windows updates are probably the most common problems related to the updates. If you want to fix the issue, it’s advisable for you to consult experts on Windows 7 customer support.
Also, if you don’t want to indulge in the long process, you can troubleshoot the problem by yourself by simply following the steps that are given below.
- In order to start with the process, you are at first supposed to turn on your system, followed by going to the options that says “Control Panel”
- Once you have clicked on the “Control Panel,” you will get to notice that a series of menu has appeared on the screen. Now, you need to click on “All Control Panel Items.”
- While you are moving ahead with the steps, you can be assured about the fact that it is now time for you to click on another option for “Troubleshooting” from the new menu that will appear on your screen.
- Also, once you are done with the above steps, a new window will appear automatically. Here, users are supposed to click on the option “Fix problems with Windows Update,” which can be found just below “System and Security” option.
- In the end, all you are required to do is to continue clicking on the “Next” button, and within few minutes, it will automatically repair your Windows 7 update.
- Before you begin with this method, make sure that you have downloaded the file by clicking on it.(Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components.bat)
- In the next step, you need not forget that it is now time for you to click on the button for “Save,” and then save the .bat file to your Desktop.
- Moving ahead, users are required to right click on the downloaded .bat file, followed by clicking on Run as administrator.
- Also, if prompted by UAC, you are supposed to click on the “Run” button, followed by clicking on “Yes” (if administrator) or type in administrator’s password (if standard user).
- As soon as you click on it, there are chances that you will now see an elevated command prompt open and run. When it’s finished, the process will automatically close.
If you want to successfully complete the process, make sure that you have restarted the system. Also, if both of the steps don’t seem helpful for you, the next thing that you can try is to get in touch with the experts by giving an instant call on Windows 7 support phone number. In case, you don’t have their number, you can still avail it from the official website of Contactforhelp. It is basically one of the most popular website in the world of online directories that offers original numbers for USA and Canada based customer services.