The process of upgrading to Windows 10 is fairly simple and easy. And, even if you are not a techie person, you will be easily able to upgrade it from Windows 7 or 8. However, it is always a good idea to understand the procedure by experts, and then implement them. Here, in this blog, we have come with some simple steps to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10. And, the good part is that, using these simple steps itself, you will be able to upgrade Windows 8 to 10 as well. So, take a look on how to upgrade to Windows 10.
Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10
Before we jump onto the steps, let us first understand the basic points that we need to consider before starting the process of upgrading.
- At first, you need to create a back up of your PC, and save it on external storage device.
- If you are using any sort of third party antivirus tool, make sure that you have removed it.
- Also, you need to ensure that the current version of Windows is activated
Now, once you have checked the above-mentioned points, it is the right time to start the process to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10. In case, you miss out any of the points, there is a probably that you have to face the Windows 10 update problems sooner or later. So, after you are done with it, get started with the upgrading steps:
- Now, the first thing you need to do is to run the upgrade installer tool on your system, and this is specifically important for the user who is trying to upgrade Windows 8 to 10.
- Next, you need to click on “Upgrade my PC now,” followed by clicking on the “Next” option
- You have to have some patience because it might take some, especially if you are having a poor internet connection
- Now, just after the process of installation is completed, you will get an on-screen instruction to agree with the terms and conditions. Make sure that you have clicked on the “Accept” button.
- Now, by default, the installer will choose the largest option from “What to keep” choice. It means that all the data of your system and installed apps will remain as it is. If you want the same, click on the install button. If not, you have the option to make your choice, and then click on the install tab.
- Now, you need to know that while the installer will be trying to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, your system will reboot several times. You are requested to be patient till then. Once the process is completed, you will be notified about the same.
Configurations after upgrade:
There are a few minor configurations that you need to do just after the upgrade.
- Just after the upgrade, you need to verify the user account. And, it will be the same as it was for Windows 7 or 8 that you were using previously. However, you will also have the option to create a new Microsoft account.
- Next, you need to verify the privacy settings. Read them carefully, and do as directed. It will hardly take a few minutes.
- Another thing you have to consider is about turning on the Cortana, which is the digital assistant given by the Microsoft to its users.
- Lastly, you need to check the built-in apps. Also, you have the option to choose the default apps.
- Next, you can easily restart the PC, and then you are ready to use the Windows 10 system.
Need Help to Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10?
If you are unable to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 by following the steps that are given-above, make sure that you have taken an instant help of the professionals. Just pick up your phone and dial the phone number of Windows 10 customer service. The number can be easily availed from the website called Contactforhelp, an online directory, which is famous for enlisting the numbers of customer support and services.