In today’s time, emails do play a vital role in maintaining both informal and formal communication. And, if you come across any error related to the same and you are unable to send or receive the emails on your account, it becomes a troublesome situation for the user. To be specific, if you are Windows Live and facing the 3219 error code, you need to know that it is the blend of two different errors. While the error code 3219 denotes the server problem, the 0x8DE00005 refers to the issue specifically related to the Windows Live Mail. Though you should always be open to take the Windows Live Mail Help to troubleshoot these errors, we have also tried to mention the causes and solutions for this problem to fix it up on your own. So, before you contact the experts, we would recommend you to read this blog once.
What is Windows Live Mail Server Error 3219 (0x8DE00005)?
As we have mentioned before, the error is the blend of two different error codes. And, the 3219 denotes the server issues and error code 0x8DE00005 suggests problems related to the Live Mail. If we talk about the server error, it means that the email client you are using right now are not able to connect to the server, and as a result, the users face the send/receive error. And, the code 0x8DE00005 mentions that the specific email client which is not able to connect to the server is Windows Live Mail.
The reason or causes for the Windows Live Mail server error:
According to experts, it is caused due to the authentication failure. If you are using the same credentials at the same time for both the email server and during the sigh-in process, you might come across this error. Also, if you have configured the Windows Live Mail account on the secure HTTPs link, chances are that you will land up to this issue sooner or later. And, this generally happens when the Windows Live Mail suddenly gets overloaded.
How to fix or Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail Server Error 3219 (0x8DE00005)?
Just in case, if you use email applications, you are advised to use the account configuration process (POP or IMAP) in order to get rid of the problem. To be specific, or as a matter of fact, you need to consider reconfiguring your email account for troubleshooting this error code. Also, you have to manually conduct the entire process for the same. And, here, we have tried to help you out with the same as we have enlisted some of the basic steps for re-configuring your email account manually. We would recommend you to take a quick glance at them:
• At first, you need to go to the “Accounts” tab, and then you have to search for the (+) symbol. Once you have found it, make sure that you have clicked on it.
• Now, you will be asked to enter your email address, password, the display name, and other similar credentials
• You need to check the option for “Manually Configure Server Settings”
• Under the option for “Incoming Server Information,” make sure that you have chosen the “IMAP” option
• Next, you are supposed to type the “map-mail.outlook.com” in the field for the server address
• While moving on, you are supposed to type 993 in the given port
• Make sure that you have checked the option for “Requires a secure connection SSL”
• Also, now it is important for you to search for the “Outgoing Server Information”
• Next, you are supposed to type the “smtp-mail.outlook.com” in the field for the server address
• While moving on, you are supposed to type 587 in the given port
• As you move on to the next step, make sure that you have checked the option for “requires a secure connection SSL.”
• Again, you are supposed to check the option for “Requires Authentication.”
• In the end, all you need to do is to press the “Next.”
How to contact Windows Live Mail Support?
If you have further queries related to the Windows Live Mail, make sure that you have taken a quick assistance of the experts. Just pick up your phone and dial the Windows Live mail customer service phone number. You can easily get this number from the website – Contactforhelp.