TurboTax is one of the most popular tax preparation software to file both federal and state income tax returns. The leading software company Intuit develops it. The application is designed in such a manner that users can avail essential features of the app without paying for it and all the advanced features are available in the premium version of the app. The app has an intuitive interface which has selective options defining different functions of the app and various setting too.
It is intermittent that TurboTax application undergoes any technical problem. However, as an application installed on one of the supported operating systems, it is vulnerable to attacks of viruses, Trojans, and malicious content. Also, due to human error, the app not meeting the minimum system requirement, and changing the setting of the app without knowing what they are could increase the chances of technical glitches within the app.
Further, if you are a user of TurboTax software and want to add or remove the password of your Tax file in TurboTax, then this article will help you accomplish that. The steps to modify the password of your tax file in TurboTax are simple, and there is no requirement of a computer technician to successfully achieve the goal of modifying the password of your tax file with these steps. Below are the steps to tweak your password, take a look.
Steps to Password-Protect your Tax File in TurboTax
- Launch the application on your computer or device.
- Open the tax file which you want to password protect inside the application.
- Navigate to the ‘file’ menu and select it to see a drag down list.
- Inside the drag down list, you will find an option ‘password,’ and select it.
- Once you select the password option, a new pop-up window will open, displaying few other options.
- On the new pop-up window, navigate to ‘Add password,’ and select it.
Note: The password is saved locally on the storage media of your computer or device, there is no way to recover or restore password once it is lost or forgotten. Make sure that you save the password in a safe place to avoid interruptions while using the app.
Steps to Remove Password of your Tax File in TurboTax
- Follow the same four starting steps of adding the password of your tax file from above, to proceed with removing its password.
- In the new pop-up window navigate to ‘remove password,’ and select it to remove the password successfully from your tax file.
Besides, if you are unable to modify the password of your tax file in TurboTax, then it is recommended to contact Turbotax Customer Service. The customer support has technicians, who can analyze the issue efficiently with the aid of some information given by you and assist you with the problem to fix it quickly. If you are unable to contact them, then you can get the customer service number with less wait time to talk to an expert from our website ‘contactforhelp,’ which is an online directory.