We all are clearly aware of the fact that Canon is probably the best brand of printers that offer quality products along with incredible customer service. So, if are thinking to switch to this brand, make sure that you take help from Canon printer support while choosing its best model that exactly suits your preference and budget. Also, if you have already bought this brand of printer and confused about the ways to connect your printing device to your laptops or computers, you can take a quick look at the steps mentioned below.
• In order to start with the process, you are supposed to unpack your printer, followed by setting it up by exactly following the manual or the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Also, you must ensure that the power button is on after you have properly installed the ink and paper to the paper.
• Now it is the time to load paper in the printer so that you can start testing. So make sure that you have connected the square end of the USB cable to your printer. There should only be one port in the back of the printer that will take the connection.
• Once you are with the previous given steps, it’s advisable for you to connect the other end of the wire to the computer. In cases, you don’t know where the ports are located; you can go through the manual once. But in most models, these ports are located at the back of the printing device.
• Just after you are done with the booting up of your computer, you will notice a dialogue box that says, Windows XP or Vista has “discovered” your printer–it’s usually something along the lines of “New Hardware Found,” then “Canon xxxx.”
• All you are supposed to do is to exactly follow the instructions given to you that appeared on the screen. If this is not helping you out for building the connection, probably you have an older version. In such circumstance, just insert the driver CD into your computer and follow the directions.
Since the steps are quite easy, you won’t face any difficulty in building a connection between your computer and your printer. But in case, you have any other regarding it, you may feel free to contact their customer service for Canon Printer troubleshooting. Also, you can avail their numbers from Contactforhelp, which is an online directory.