Since the world has eventually become more exposed to the browsing and internet culture, sometimes it becomes distracting for children and employees to focus on their job. Probably this is the reason why some routers provide options to block a few website, which you think are unwanted or distracting. You can also consult experts on Router Customer Service Numbers to know more details about the same.
However, we have enlisted three popular routers and their steps for blocking a particular website.
- In the beginning of the process, make sure that you have connected to the TRENDnet router, followed by navigating to the URL that says 192.168.10.1.
- Once you have entered the above given URL on the web browser, you are supposed to enter the “admin” option into both login fields. Once it is done, don’t forget to press the “Enter” button for proceeding with the steps.
- In the next step, you are also required to select the option for “Advanced,” followed by selecting the “Web Filter” button. After it is done, don’t forget to click on the button that says “Enable.”
- In the end, all you are supposed to do is to click on the “Save” button for blocking the particular site on the network. If you want to block another website, make sure that you have repeated the same process.
- If you have Netgear Router, the first step is to build the connection to your network so that you can continue with the process. Also, you need to navigate to the following Web address: 192.168.1.1
- If you have setup a new password, use it or “1234” as the password, followed by pressing on the “Enter” button.
- In the next step, you are supposed to select “the option for Block Sites” under the heading of “Content Filtering.” Also, you must not forget to select “Domain Blocking” and then select another option that says “Always.”
- Just after you have entered the domain that you want to block, make sure that you have clicked on “Add Domain” for blocking the website.
- Since the first step remains almost same for all the routers, you need to ensure that you have connected to the Linksys router, followed by navigating the web address of “192.168.1.1.”
- Once it is done, it is the time for you enter “admin,” followed by Clicking on “OK.”
- In the next step, users are required to click on the option that says “Access Restrictions,” followed by choosing a number from the Access Blocking Policy drop-down menu.
- As you are moving ahead with the steps, make sure that you have created a name for the policy, followed by selecting the option that says “Enabled,” and then click on “Edit List.”
- In the end, you need to click on the option to “Deny.” Confirm. Also, don’t forget to click on the “Save Settings” button for completing the process successfully.
Now, after you have gone through the steps, you realize that you have some queries regarding the same; it is advisable for you to consult experts on their individual customer service number. Also, if you want to avail original Router customer support number or any other customer care numbers, visit the official site of Contactforhelp, which is an online directory that offers reliable and trustworthy numbers of similar services.