Netgear Wgt624 is one of the best wireless firewall routers that come with Super G Technology to enhance your Internet speed. It also provides a 4-port switch which means you can attach more than 4 wired devices to the router. Additionally, the router also has compatibility with both 802.11g and 802.11b wireless standards. However, if the router stops functioning, connected devices won’t be able to access the Internet. In such circumstances, you should contact IT professionals by dialing the Netgear router customer service number to fix the issues instantly.
Also, you can reset/restore your Netgear Wgt624 router with the ‘Reset’ button or via the router’s configuration page at times to solve out the problems. Both methods will remove the settings of your router and restore it to the factory default state.
- Plug your router into an electric outlet. However, if your device is turned on already, then you can skip this step.
- Push the ‘Reset’ button located on the back of your router to the router’s antenna left side and to the right of the yellow inbound Ethernet port.
- Subsequently, hold the button for 5 seconds approx. until the LED light turns on.
- Now, release the reset button. Your router will reset and restart automatically. When restarted, Netgear Wgt624 router is restored to the default factory settings.
Router’s Configuration Menu
- Connect the Netgear Wgt624 router to the power outlet and connect it to the PC using an Ethernet cable.
- Launch your web browser and input your router’s IP address. Usually, the default Internet Protocol address is 192.168.1.1. If you have changed it, then you should enter the current IP address of the router.
- Input the default login credentials, such as ‘Admin’ for the username and ‘Password’ for the login password. If you have changed the username and the password, then input the current one to access the control panel of your router.
- Choose the ‘Backup Settings’ option, and click the ‘Erase’ button. Click the ‘Yes’ button to verify that you wish to reset and restore your Netgear Wgt624. Wait until your router resets and restarts automatically.
When restarted, the router is now restored to the default factory configuration settings. Remember that resetting the Netgear Wgt624 router will reset the device to the factory default and remove all information and settings that you have applied to the device. Never try to power off the router or the system during the reset procedure. Always use the pin or paperclip to press the reset button. However, if you have any concerns regarding the reset process, it’s suggested to avail customer support for Netgear router and talk to the professionals to get resolved issues instantly.