QuickBooks is considered to be the best software program, which has been specifically designed for the financial management of the small and large scale business organization. Believe it or not, the QuickBooks software seems to be packed with all the latest features and tools along with a friendly user-interface. Moreover, there are different versions of QuickBooks error code available now, the pro, premier and enterprise version. One can easily choose and pick the version that he or she thinks apt. Each of those versions has its unique ability to perform the tax computation, salary and payroll management tasks.
But, as all things have two sides in this world, there are a few drawbacks of using QuickBooks as well. At times, it stops functioning due to several sorts of error codes. Though there are various error codes that the user may encounter, it is the QuickBooks error code 80070057 that affects most of us. Though the QuickBooks Customer Support team is always available, you can try to fix the matter on your own.
In this blog, we will try to identify the cause and solution for this QuickBooks error so that you can easily troubleshoot the issue on your own. Keep reading this blog and you will know all about the error 80070057.
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Generally, when a user tries to open the company file, but fails to access it and the display says “Error code 80070057: The parameter is incorrect,” then you can be assured of the fact that your QuickBooks is affected by 80070057 error code. It happens mostly because you don’t have the access to the company file and you are trying to access it. Also, when the user is not allowed to delete certain files, and you try to delete them, you might encounter this error code.
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057: Major Reasons
Though there are several reasons which can cause the QuickBooks error code 80070057. However, we have tried to enlist a few of the major ones below. You can take a quick look at them so that you will be able to easily analyze the problem. Also, the process of troubleshooting it will also become easier for you.
If the third-party firewall that you are currently using is not configured on your system
- If there is wrong file extension type for Windows
- If the installed QuickBooks software is corrupted or damaged
- If the file gets damaged at the time of installation
- If the extensions are changed and QuickBooks is unable to read it
- If you try to open the portable file while QuickBooks is closed
- If you are working on a QuickBooks which is located in the USB Flash drive
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057: Common Solutions
Solution 1: Verify the extension of the company file name
- Choose Company File
- Go to Properties
- Choose QB tab
- Enter the name of the extension and the version of the software
- Click on the OK button
Solution 2: Change the Extension
- Create a new folder by right clicking on the extension
- Paste the company file into that new folder that you have created recently
- You need to rename the folder
- Change the extension to .qbm
- You need to save the changes now
- In order to restore the portable, you have to change the file extension to .qbb
- Now, if the problem persists, open the desktop version and restore the backup
- Try to change the extension to .qbx
- Now, you may open the QuickBooks Convert to the accountant copy
- You need to copy the company file, followed by saving it to the different location in Flash drive
- Perform a complete QuickBooks desktop clean installation
- Run the QuickBooks file doctor instantly
If you have any further queries related to QuickBooks, make sure that you have taken the help of the experts. Just pick up your phone and get in touch with the professionals of QuickBooks Help team. You can avail their number instantly if you visit the website called Contactforhelp.