When you try to open the QuickBooks file, you may face the QuickBooks Unrecoverable error, ‘xxxxx xxxxx,’ occurring due to the application failure. The error message will display the 50 unique numeric error codes that consist 10 digits shown as ‘5 digits <space> 5 digit’ sequence. The main reason for the occurrence of the Unrecoverable error at startup is when the program is closed, and there’re many windows open on the computer. The following are some of the possible methods you can try to fix the error. Also, you can contact Quickbooks customer support to seek out the solution.
Method #1: Preventing QuickBooks from Opening up all Windows at Start-up
- Double-click the Quickbooks icon to open up. Press and hold the Alt key. The program may ask for the password, relief the Alt key and then input the password. Click ‘OK.’
- Press the Alt key again while opening the file, and then release it once the file opens up completely.
When the file opens, modify ‘My Preferences’ to save the desktop or choose the ‘Close all windows’ in the app before trying to log out. If the problem remains the same, proceed to the next method.
Method #2: Opening a Sample file
If the sample file of the company doesn’t open and shows an error, it’s a notification that the Installation is damaged and should be fixed.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks program icon, and then press and hold down the Ctrl key until the application opens up a ‘No Company Open’ window.
- Once the screen appears, click on the ‘Open a sample file’ button, and then choose any of the files from the listed items. If the sample file opens, proceed to the next solution.
Method #3: Copying QuickBooks Company File on Desktop
First of all, copy the file on the desktop and then open it to check if there’s an issue related to the file’s storage location. If you’re able to open the file by saving it to the desktop, the possibilities are that the location might surpass the file storage path confines. However, if the file doesn’t open up, means that it may be damaged or corrupted.
- Launch the folder having the file, and then find the file with the QBW format.
- Right-click the file and then choose ‘Copy.’ Go to the desktop and then right-click on it and select the ‘Paste’ option.
- Press and retain the Ctrl key and open the application to continue with the ‘No Company Open’ window.
- Click the open or restore current company option and then go to the desktop. Navigate the file that is saved on the desktop to open it.
Method #4: Restoring Backup via ADR
If the company file is corrupted, use the ADR (Auto Data Recovery) to restore the data and fix the Unrecoverable Error.
Method #5: Troubleshooting QuickBooks
If you’re still getting the error message, probably you have corrupted QuickBooks or its integrated components. If any of the above-outlined solutions don’t work, try another fix:
- Run Reboot.exe: It will let you re-register QuickBooks related objects in MS Windows.
- Run QBInstall tool: Download, install, and open the QBInstall tool. If any corrupted component functions in the background, it will diagnose, check, and solve the error.
- Perform the clean installation of QuickBooks: Clean installation will let you reinstall all files and its integrated components to a new folder at a particular location.
- Repair Microsoft.NET Framework Manually: Finally, if everything else solution doesn’t work, either choose to troubleshoot Microsoft.NET Framework or consult with an IT professional for assistance by calling at the Quickbooks technical support phone number.