Technology has embraced the livelihood of an individual in such a way that now, thinking about a journey without it is impossible. A router is that one device without which this procedure fails to complete and conquer. Thus, making the work of a router unique and vital. Netgear is amongst those devices which are not only reliable to use but stable as well. It has granted users with a high-speed internet connection and an exceptional network. So what can go wrong with such exclusive widget? Well, often users come across a situation where they have no idea on the way to update Netgear Router firmware. It becomes difficult for the user to finish any task and also decreases the productivity. Hence, to fix the device from such difficult situations, here are some of the steps which the user can follow.
Steps Involved to Update Netgear Router Firmware
When the router fails to function properly, users often search for results like “Netgear Router Connected but no Internet. But before that, it is vital for the device to update its firmware. Hence, to comprehend the Netgear firmware update, here are some of the steps which the user can follow.
Step1 Finding the router’s Address
- The user first needs to verify the address of the physical router. By entering the IP address in the browser, the user can access the router. The IP address is printed at the bottom of the device.
- Now, start the menu and open and enter “network status.” In the option. This will expose the “View network status and tasks” window.
- Now, tap the name of the connection. There would have been an icon representing the type of connection that the user is using
- Tap the option stating “Details” which is in the new window. This will exhibit a list of entries.
Step2 Installing the Updates
- First, the user needs to connect the router via Ethernet.
- In the web browser’s option, the user needs to enter the router’s IP address, and then enter the login data. The user can try to open the admin as the username and leave the password as it is. Look up to the router and the model no.
- Now, the user needs to visit firmware- router upgrade- the name of the page. Tap on the “check” option to see for the updates, and download the firmware files and folders.
- Next, enter the router’s model number. It can be located at the top of the device set. The user needs to locate the latest firmware file. Verify that the user does not download a version that has been updated before.
- Now, the user needs to extract the ZIP file after the firmware file has completed downloading
- Now, upload the file to the router. Tap on the option stating “Choose File” and go to the newly extracted folder. Choose it and then tap the “Upload” option
Step3 Reset the Router
- Once the router updates have been conquered, the user needs to wait for some time while the update is done.
- The user now needs to reset the router when it is updated.
- At the back of the Netgear router, the user needs to look for the reset button.
- Using a paper tap and hold the reset button for a few seconds.
- Now, release the reset button and wait for the router to reboot.
These are some of the steps which can be used while the user is updating Netgear firmware. If the users still have doubts regarding the same and need the detailed version of the solution then they can contact the helpline number of Netgear tech support. The professionals would guide the users with the fixes and troubleshooting steps.