Netflix is considered to be the best online video streaming platform. It let the user get access to unlimited movies, series, videos, and programs. All of these can be availed by choosing the subscription packages according to your need. The subscription packages are divided into three different categories; the basic, premium and standard. As we all know that it is not a free application and you have to pay a bulk amount to enjoy online streaming on Netflix, it can be really frustrating if you still have to face issues with the same. Yes, don’t you think it is unfair to face errors while watching videos on Netflix while knowing the fact that you have paid a lot for the subscription? Amongst all the errors that are associated with the Netflix, it is the error code 1001 that keeps on bugging the users. So, in this blog, we will discuss various aspects of Netflix Error 1001 and how to deal with the same. So, take a look:
What is Netflix Error 1001?
If you have recently installed and set up the Netflix application, there is a probability that you would have to face this error. And, no matter if the installation process was smooth; you might even face this error at the time of streaming or be playing the videos. This particular error is also called the Silverlight Error, especially because the Silverlight (plug-in), in this case, prevents the placement of files on the device. And, as a result, the users have to face this error code. There could be various possible reasons and causes behind the error; we have enlisted a few of them below:
What are the causes/reasons for Netflix Error 1001?
• Silverlight preventing the placements of files on the device
• Improper installation of Netflix
• Issues related to the content that you want to watch
• Incomplete or corrupt Windows registry
• Incomplete or corrupt installation process
• Virus or malware attacks
How to fix Netflix Error 1001 on Windows OS?
Instead of jumping on to some random steps, we would recommend you to try the following hacks in order to resolve the error permanently (if you are a Windows OS error.)
• At first, it is necessary for you to update the application. In most cases, the problem arises when the program that you are using is not updated.
• Now, even after you have updated it and the error has not been resolved, you need to make sure that you have uninstalled the program, and then re-install it once again. The process of installation, re-installation and updating the application can be easily availed from the official website of Netflix.
• Now, make sure that you have also cleaned up the cookies and cache memory. After you have cleaned it up the cookies, you will have to log in or sign in once again as you will be automatically signed out.
• In fact, in order to avoid all such malfunctioning, you need to add the Netflix site in the trusted site list of the browser.
• Lastly, you can also try to reinstall the silver light. In most cases, the issue gets resolved at this stage itself.
How to fix Netflix Error 1001 on Mac OS?
• Quite similar to the steps we mentioned for Windows OS users, you also need to update the software.
• After the updating, you need to reinstall the program, followed by deleting the cookies and cache. You are supposed to go to netflix.com/clearcookies to clear up the cookies, and then you need to follow the online instruction give to you for the completion of the process.
• Now, you need to know that if you are using Microsoft Silverlight plugin, it will require the administrative rights to work on OS X.
In order to claim the rights, you need to follow the following steps:
a) Click on the Apple icon
b) Navigate to the “System Preference” section
c) Choose “Users and Groups”
d) To be assured, you need to check out if the admin option is getting indicated above the Netflix user icon.
e) Now, you need close all the tabs
f) Run Netflix once again
• Now, you can get rid of old Silverlight files, followed by reinstalling it once again.
How to Troubleshoot Netflix Error Code 1001 Permanently?
If you want to permanently get rid of Netflix Error Code 1001, make sure that you can consult the professionals about the same. To connect with the experts, you may dial the phone number for Netflix customer care. Availing this number is no more a difficult task as you can easily do it by visiting the website of Contactforhelp, which is an online platform for enlisting the 100% authentic phone numbers of Canada and the USA-based customer support and services of various reputed companies.