Gmail is a free email service developed by Google. Gmail synchronizes email content through POP3 or IMAP protocols; users can use the service across the world with a stable internet connection. Gmail uses different algorithms in the background to perform various functions; one of the examples is filtering spam emails and moving them in ‘Junk’ mailbox. Gmail service comes with other apps like Google drive, calendar, contacts, play, maps, photos, and Google+. All these apps can be used using a single Gmail account, and you can utilize them to perform different tasks to be more productive and save lots of time.
Gmail servers scarcely face any technical issue. Most of the problems encountered while accessing Gmail account are due to human error, incorrect credentials, and unstable internet connection. Most of the issues associated with Gmail can be fixed by following standard troubleshooting steps according to the related issue. There is various help pertaining topics such as fixGmail login problems, change or reset the password, etc. over the internet.
Further, Google has various articles on its help page to provide correct guidelines to the users of Gmail and other Google applications, so that they could help themselves to fix the problem quickly. Gmail account recovery is one of the additional features available on the help page of Gmail, it offers information to the users, why account recovery is an essential part and how a user can set it up and use it when a problem occurs.
If you are a user of Gmail and have encountered a sign in error, then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to fix the problem, take a look below:
Step 1: Re-enter the account credentials
- Sometimes many of the users while trying to access the Gmail account quickly, enters the wrong account credentials which give sign in error.
- It is recommended to re-enter the account details in the blank field of Gmail site and then try signing in again to your account. Make sure that you are entering the correct gmail account password while accessing your Gmail account.
Step 2: Try another web browser
- Most of the times we tend to save the account password of various sites in our web browser. Sometimes, when a wrong password is saved to your web browser, then trying to sign into the account fails due to the wrong password.
- To fix the issue, either you should re-enter the credentials manually or use a different web browser, in which there is no information saved. Else, you can delete cookies and history of the current browser and then try signing into your account again.
Step 3: Use Gmail account recovery
- Gmail account recovery is a service which Google provides. It takes information from the user and asks few security questions while setting up a Gmail account, and all these details are saved on the Gmail servers. Using this service, anyone can recover his Gmail account, change or reset the account password at anytime.
- To use this service, make sure that you have set it up while setting up your account for the first time. Go to Google account help page, and select ‘Can’t sign in to your Google Account.’
- The program will ask you to select one of the listed problems on the site; once you choose the issue which you are facing, next steps would be populated. Make sure to follow all the instructions and proceed with steps carefully to recover your Gmail account successfully.
Besides, if you are unable to resolve sign in error of your Gmail account, then it is recommended to contact Gmail password help. It is a service offered by Google to fix all the problems associated with the password of your Gmail account. Also, you can get the customer service number to get assistance from an expert from our site ‘contactforhelp,’ which is an online directory.