Since Gmail is one of the most popular email service providers, users prefer this over any other email services because of the features and user-friendly interface that it offers. Recently, a new feature has been discovered for the frequent users of Gmail, where they can actually create Gmail as their homepage so that they don’t have to follow innumerable procedures before landing to the homepage of their Gmail account.
In case, if you also want to do it, make sure that you have either taken help from the experts from Gmail customer support or you can also follow the steps given below.
In Google Chrome
- At first, you need to click on the Menu button of Chrome, and then you have to choose “Settings” from the setting’s page.
- In the next step, you are supposed to check the “Show Home button” box, which is present in t he Appearance section. Once done, users are then supposed to click on the for “Change” link that is located immediately below the box.
- Also, you need to ensure that you have to click on “Open this page” option, followed by typing www.gmail.com, and then you have to click on the “Ok” button.
- Also, you are required to choose the option for “Open a specific page or set of pages,” which can be found in the” On Startup” section.
- In the end, you need to ensure that you have clicked on the option for “Set pages” link, and then you have to type “www.gmail.com” so that the user can easily add a new page. If you are done with it, you are then supposed to click on the option for “OK.”
In Mozilla Firefox
- If you want to setup Gmail as your homepage in Mozilla Firefox browse, you need to click the Firefox Menu button, followed by selecting “Options” from the drop-down menu. It will help you to open the Options window without any hassle or glitches.
- Now, quite similar to the process of Chrome, for this also users are supposed to type www.gmail.com in to the “Home Page” field.
- In the end, you shouldn’t forget to select the option that says “Show my home page” from the drop down dialogue box that prompts “When Firefox starts.” By clicking this option, you can actually open the Gmail page when you launch the Web browser. Also, you are supposed to click on the “OK” button so that you can apply the settings and close the Options window.
In Internet Explorer
- Also, you need to make sure that you have clicked the gear icon in the upper right corner of the browser, followed by clicking on “Internet options” for opening the menu for the Internet Options window.
- Now in the home page text box, you shouldn’t miss to type www.gmail.com, followed by select the “Start with home page” option, which is present in the Startup section so that you can actually open the Gmail page, especially if you launch the Internet Explorer.
- In order to complete the process, you need to click on the button that prompts “Apply”, followed by clicking on the “OK” for closing the Internet Options window.
Now, you can practically implement the steps that are given above in order to complete the process of setting Gmail as the homepage in different browsers. Since the steps are quite complex, you have to be careful in following the. Also, if you are unable to complete the steps successfully or you have any other queries regarding your Gmail account, it is recommended that without taking any risk, you should immediately Contact Gmail support via phone to get in touch with the professionals. Also, if you don’t have their reliable numbers, you can easily avail it from the official site of Contactforhelp, which is an online directory for offering reliable numbers of similar services.