Mozilla’s Thunderbird is a free e-mail client and open source project that can be fully customized to do anything you want with your email, newsgroups, and RSS feeds. It supports for both Windows and Mac platforms and comes with very impressive inbuilt features, including multiple layouts, tabbed browsing, a pseudo-conversation outlook,and even secure Mozilla Thunderbird email setup process. Some other innovate features of Thunderbird involve a spam filtering system, customizable message management and the ability to customize user-created themes, add-ons, and plug-ins.
If you’re looking for the desktop email client to centralize your emails in one place, then this can be the finest software to configure your email account on the PC. Here’s how to install and setup Thunderbird on the computer.
How to Install Mozilla Thunderbird:
- At first, navigate to the Mozilla’s website and then download the latest version of Thunderbird software.Once you’re able to download it, double-click on the installation file to start the procedure. Click ‘Next’ after appearing the welcome message.
- Now, select whether to make a standard or custom installation. If you select the custom option, it will let you choose options for creating icons on the Start menu. Check the box to make Thunderbird is your default email program, and then click ‘Next.’
- Next, choose the location in which you want to install it before moving forward. You can leave it as the default. Click ‘Next.’
- When you have finished all the installation steps, a setup summary window will display. It will show the installation directory and ask you to install. Hit the ‘Install’ button.
- Click the ‘Finish’ button to complete the process. Now, you can use the Mozilla Thunderbird.
How to Setup Mozilla Thunderbird:
- When you have completed the Thunderbird installation, launch the program and start using it. At first, add the username, email address, and the password that will remain hidden from sight. Select the checkbox next to the ‘Remember Password’ if you don’t want to enter the password each time while accessing your webmail account to check the emails.
- Thunderbird will try to recognize your server’s settings automatically. If it fails, then you need to enter the information manually. Provide the username, incoming, and outgoing servers’ information, and then click ‘Create Account.’
- A pop-up will appear asking you to use Thunderbird for. Select to use if for emails, newsgroup, and feeds. Click ‘OK.’
- When your first email account is setup correctly, it will show in the left corner and start downloading emails from the server. Since every email client is varied, see what type of IMAP/POP3 settings you want to configure to use it.
- In the main window, go to the Settings icon and navigate to the ‘View Settings’ for that account.Check the Account Information, Server Setting and Outgoing Server (SMTP) are configured correctly.
- Once done, click ‘OK.’Now, enjoy using the Mozilla Thunderbird.
However, if you have any queries or want to get further assistance, call at the Mozilla support phone number and seek the solution.