Microsoft Outlook is considered to be the personal information manager as well as an email client from Microsoft Company. It is a free version that is available with the Office productivity suite. Outlook Mail is the oldest email services among the other email services available in the market. Some of the benefits of using the Outlook are to connect to your loved ones or for the official purposes like scheduling meeting, upgrading the business, marketing purposes, and a lot more. Apart, from that, you must be quite prepared to get bugs while using the same.
Many times, the users complained about the problems they face while using MS Outlook. Some of the commonly discussed problems are Outlook isn’t working properly, can’t send emails to more than one recipients, can’t attach files with the emails, and lots more. But, the error codes are something which is hard to crack like why they appeared and how to fix it. MS Outlook error code 550 is one such problem and is hard to find out. Outlook error code 550 is a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) outgoing server error. It occurs when the users try to send the emails through their Outlook Mail Account. And thus, the emails get a relay error, and the email returns without getting delivered.
Here, in this short blog, learn to fix error code 550 entirely with a reliable solution as listed below.
The error message which you get along with the error code 550 is:
- 550 requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
- 550 5 2 1 mail from refused spam site
- Error: 550 not local host, not a gateway
- Port:25, Secure (SSL): No
- Server error: 550, error number: 0x800CCC79
- The message couldn’t be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server.
The reason for Microsoft Outlook error code 550
- The email address typed incorrectly
- SMTP Server settings are wrong
- ISP is blocking the outgoing emails
- The system is attacked by the malware or virus
- Poor network connection
The steps to fix Outlook error code 550 5.1.1-
- Make sure you are having a good network connection while performing the task.
- Check whether the email address you typed is correct or valid.
- Open the Outlook settings followed by tools and accounts option to open.
- Now, click to change or view the email account.
- Check whether the SMTP server is set as mail.yourdomain.com.
- Choose more settings option.
- Select the outgoing server tab.
- Check the ‘My server requires authentication for the outgoing server.’
- Click to save the changes.
- Remove all the spam emails from your Outlook inbox.
- Install powerful security software in your system and go for full scanning of your system.
The solutions are given in-detailed manner to help you in solving the problem completely. But, if you are not satisfied with the steps or you need more help to solve other similar errors, then you need to contact Outlook Customer Service number of the region you reside to have a word with the technicians, and get instant relief from your problems.