Yahoo is a web service provider, and it is globally known for its famous email service known as ‘Yahoo mail.’ There are several languages supported by Yahoo mail, and the users can change the language setting by logging into their Yahoo account. Yahoo mail offers four distinctive email plans which are (Basic, Plus, and Ad-free) and another for businesses. Only the business version has unlimited mail storage capacity, the charges of this version of the plan can be determined by visiting the official website of Yahoo mail.
It is very rare that a user faces any problem while using Yahoo mail unless he is not aware of how to use its service. Yahoo mail offers Yahoo password recovery to retrieve the password if a user forgets his password of the account. Sometimes users face problems while recovering their password or Yahoo ID of their Yahoo account, to efficiently retrieve the password of account one can follow the troubleshooting steps which are provided below:
Forgot Yahoo ID
- If you are a user of Yahoo mail and forgot the ID of your account, then you can simply retrieve it using ‘Account recovery wizard.’ It is available on ‘Yahoo help page.’
- You would need to start the recovery wizard by yourself and follow the instructions to retrieve the Yahoo ID.
- Yahoo reset password tool is a unique tool, and it determines options to display to you, according to factors like where you are signing from and the account’s recovery setting.
- You would need to go to official website of Yahoo mail and use the ‘Sign-in Helper’ tool to reset your password. Make sure to follow the instructions given by tool to reset the password of your account.
Recovering Password Using Secret Question and Without Using it
- During the set-up of your Yahoo account, it gathers information of a selected secret question with your answer, and it is stored on Yahoo servers.
- If you want to recover the password using the secret question then, unfortunately, it cannot be done as such Yahoo has removed this feature of recovery.
- However, you can recover the password of your account without using the secret question. You would need to use ‘Password Helper’ tool available on official site of Yahoo mail.
- While using password helper tool, you will be asked to enter your Yahoo email address, and you would need to follow instructions to recover it.
- Also, if your mobile number is linked with your account then you can receive a security code using the password helper tool, or you will see the alternate email in the tool, if it is linked with your account.
One of the most searched topics on search engines related to Yahoo account is Yahoo Mail sign in errors, and how to fix, some of the standard errors and fix are listed below, take a look:
Invalid Username or Password
- It is an error which occurs when the details of your Yahoo account does not match with stored information on Yahoo servers.
- It can easily be fixed by using password recovery, the steps of which are explained above.
- Yahoo servers block your account temporarily if you fail to log in into your account with correct account credentials.
- The account gets unblocked after 12 hours mostly; one should use ‘Sign-in Helper’ tool to gain access to account successfully.
Sign-in Screen Loop or Reload
- If you are caught in a loop, in which after clicking on signing button to gain access to the account, nothing happens, and the page gets reloaded.
- To fix this issue, clear the cookies of your web browser by going to the history of browser and deleting it from there. Also, you can try a different browser to gain access to your account.
Besides, if you are not able to resolve the issue which you have, then you should contact to Yahoo support number. If you wish to speak to an expert, then you can get the customer service number from site ‘contactforhelp.’ It is an online directory which holds authentic customer service number.