Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular web browser designed as open source application which allows users to study, edit, and distribute the software to anyone. It is a free application; users can download it from the official website of Mozilla and use all its features without paying for it. It is compatible with various devices for different operating systems such as (Windows, Mac OS, Linux OS, iOS, and Android).
Mozilla Firefox allows you to download different programs from various websites using its inbuilt download feature. Many users prefer to use Mozilla Firefox for its capability of handling critical security vulnerabilities over other web browsers in the market. It is very rare that Mozilla Firefox faces any issue while working on it after installation on your computer. However, when users report a concern or issue with the browser such as Mozilla Firefox stopped working, application not installing, it helps the developers to improve the browser working capability with explaining details of a new changelog in the latest updated version of the app.
There are various reasons why the application won’t work correctly on your computer or device. To fix some common issues of Mozilla Firefox when it is not working correctly, you can follow troubleshooting steps which are given below:
Restart the Application
- Restarting the application allows it to get rid of few common errors.
- Make sure to not use the browser window close button for restarting the application.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox application on your computer first.
- Go to ‘File menu button’ and click on it.
- Under the drag down menu at the end of it, you will find exit button.
- Click on exit button to close the browser and relaunch the application to check if the problem persists.
- Various issues related to Firefox web browser can be resolved by deleting the cookies and cache.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox application on your computer or device.
- Go to library button, available on the top right corner of web browser window (represented as four vertical lines) and click on it.
- Under the drag down menu button, click ‘History’ and then click ‘Clear Recent History’ in the pop-up window.
- Now, select the time range as ‘Everything’ to delete all the browser history.
- Make sure to click on the ‘Details button’ in the pop-up window to check all the available options in it and to delete all of the stored browsing histories.
- Sometimes different plugins for Firefox such as (Java, Flash, Adobe reader) can create issues. These can only be disabled when Firefox is running.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox application on your computer.
- Go to ‘Tools menu button’ and click on it.
- Under the drag down menu, click on ‘Add-ons.’
- Add-ons window will show up, listing all the installed add-ons in it.
- Disable each add-on one by one until the problem is resolved.
Reinstall Mozilla Firefox
- Reinstalling the browser allows removing the faulty profile of the user in it.
- Firefox can easily be uninstalled from control panel setting of your computer.
- Launch control panel and browse for ‘Add or remove a program’ and click on it.
- You will see the list of applications which are installed on your computer. Browse to Mozilla Firefox and click on uninstall button available in tab menu of control panel window.
- After clicking on uninstall button, a set-up wizard will open, and you would need to follow the steps to uninstall the application from your computer completely.
- You must install the application again by downloading it from the official site of Firefox to use it further as per your requirement.
Restore Mozilla Firefox on Computer
- It is a feature of Mozilla, which allows you to restore the old saved profile in a new computer or new operating system where Firefox is not installed.
- To restore the old profile and old setting of Firefox can resolve the issues too, this should be used if it was working perfectly fine with your old profile.
- To restore and know the steps of restoring the old profile, you can visit the support page of Mozilla and search for ‘Recovering important data from an old profile’ to follow the steps and successfully restore Mozilla Firefox on computer.
Besides, if you are not able to resolve the issue of Mozilla Firefox using above listed troubleshooting steps, then you should get assistance from professionals by contacting firefox phone number which is available on Mozilla official website on contact us page. If you are not able to reach to them, then you can get assistance from experts and get their customer service number from website ‘contactforhelp.’ It is one of the verified sources of getting customer service number.