Windows 10 is one of the most popular and latest versions of Microsoft. It is not only reliable in terms of the operating system, but it grants the user with various benefits and modern features. Out of 10, every 5th individual is inclined towards Chrome for browsing and scanning purposes. But, there are times when the user faces issues in its functioning. Google Chrome not responding in Windows 10 issue has been one of the most common problems amongst all. Therefore, it becomes vital for the user to solve it.
Fixing Issues in Google Chrome Unresponsive in Windows 10
When Google Chrome not responding in Windows 10 problems arises, the user can follow the mentioned below steps.
Solution 1: Addition of Chrome to firewall exception list
- Visit the search menu option and enter firewall option
- Now choose the option stating “Allow an app through the Windows Firewall” which the user can find at the left side of the window panel
- Now tap on the option stating “Change Settings button” and choose the option which says “allow another app.”
- Now select the option of Google Chrome and click on the add button to solve Chrome unresponsive Windows 10 issue.
Solution 2: Cleaning DNS cache
- Before the user starts with the cleaning of the cache, it is important to follow the steps to download and install Google Chrome from Linux so that this issue is eradicated.
- Hold on to the Windows Key and tap on the X option at the same time to open Windows menu option. Now select the Command Prompt option or the Power-shell from the list.
- The user can enter the following commands and tap on the enter button. The two commands are:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- netsh Winsock reset
Solution 3: Scan the system for viruses
One of the main issues with this is that the user always faces problems regarding the malware and viruses which comes across the process. The genuine solution to this issue is to use a third-party antivirus. It provides the system with excellent protection and security
Solution 4: Disable Extensions
Often the addition of Java extension results in the problem of freezing and unresponsiveness of the platform. Therefore to enable java in Chrome the user can follow these steps
- Go to the tools option and tap on the extension.
- Look for the extension that the user wants to remove and then tap on the switch icon
These are some of the ways in which the user can solve the issue of Google Chrome Windows 10 Freezing issue. If the user still has issued regarding the same then they can contact the helpline services of Windows 10. The professionals would guide the users with the solution and would provide a step-by-step version of the troubleshooting.